THE INFORMATION CREATED, CURATED, AND UPDATED BY COACH WALTON, SIMMONDS, GEARY AND GILBERT TO HELP YOU IMPROVE YOUR ROWING AND SUCCESSFULLY NAVIGATE THE RECRUITING PROCESS
Access To Members Only Calendar
- Important Recruiting Timelines
- NCAA Eligibility Info
- U19 Testing/Camp Dates
- SAT/ACT Dates/Deadlines
- Application Dates/Deadlines
Access To Members Only Content
- Rower Academy Members Blog
- Rower Academy’s “Official 2k Guide”
- Coach Gilbert’s “Official Coxing Guide”
- Rower Academy Members Newsletter
- Exclusive Rower Academy Interviews
RECRUITING PROCESS INSIGHT
DEVELOPMENT – ONE ON ONE
ONE ON ONE SESSIONS WITH COACH WALTON, COACH SIMMONDS, COACH GILBERT, AND COACH GEARY TO IMPROVE YOUR TRAINING, DISCIPLINE, TECHNIQUE, ERGOMETER SCORES, AND ACADEMICS.
- Virtual Coaching Sessions with Coach Walton and/or Simmonds via Zoom, Google, Skype, etc.
- Video Analysis & Review with technical feedback and suggested drills to promote changes.
- Detailed Discussions with Coach Simmonds and Walton About Your Rowing, Including But Not Limited to:
- Training and Technique
- 2k, 5k, 6k, max watt score strategy and planning
- How To Stand Out in the Recruiting Process (Erg Score and Beyond)
- How To Communicate with College Coaches
- Virtual Coaching Sessions with Coach Gilbert via Zoom, Google, Skype, Telephone etc.
- Practice & Race Audio/Video Recordings Analysis & Review, with technical feedback and suggestions to promote greater effectiveness.
- Detailed Discussions with Coach Gilbert About Your Role as Coxswain and How to Bring Out the Best In Your Crews, Including But Not Limited to:
- Time Management
- Your Role as Both Coxswain and Coach
- Understanding the Mechanics of the Rowing Stroke and How to Coach Them
- Maximizing the impact of your calls by making at the right place (and time)
- Your Effect, both Positive and Negative Over Your Crews (Traits of a successful Coxswain)
- How To Stand Out in the Recruiting Process (Experience is crucial)
- How To Communicate with College Coaches
- Virtual Coaching Sessions with Coach Geary via Zoom, Google, Skype, etc.
- Coach Kelly provides tutoring to Rower Academy Student Athletes 7th grade through 12th grade in the following substantive mathematics subject areas:
- Algebra One
- Algebra Two
- SAT Prep Tutoring
- NOTE: You must have an active “Guidance” or “Membership” package to be entitled to the exclusive, discounted pricing for all Rower Academy “Development” services
- NOTE: All “Session” Packages must be used within 365 days of purchase date.
- NOTE: All “Session” Packages come with choice of coach for each session.
DEVELOPMENT – TRAINING PROGRAMS
PERSONALIZED ERGOMETER TRAINING PROGRAMS CREATED BY COACH WALTON AND COACH SIMMONDS WILL IMPROVE YOUR TRAINING, DISCIPLINE, TECHNIQUE, AND SCORES.
- 4 Week Personalized Ergometer Program tailored specifically to help you improve your 2k, 5k, 6k, max watt scores.
- Programs customized to match your specific time availability and goals.
- “Primary” Program Contains 6 Customized Workouts Each Week (24 total)
- “Supplemental” Program Contains 3 Customized Workouts Each Week (12 total)
- NOTE: You must have an active “Guidance” or “Membership” package to be entitled to the exclusive, discounted pricing for all Rower Academy “Personalized Ergometer Training Programs”
- NOTE: All “Personalized Ergometer Training Programs” must be purchased at least seven days in advance of desired start date.
- NOTE: All “Personalized Ergometer Training Programs” must be started within 365 days of purchase date.
- NOTE: All “Personalized Ergometer Training Programs” come with your choice of coach to create, oversee, and offer feedback on your program.
VIDEO REVIEW & ANALYSIS
VIRTUAL COACHING SESSIONS
PERSONALIZED ERGO TRAINING
RECRUITING CONSULTING, MATCHED WITH ROWING DEVELOPMENT. ENGAGE COACH LUKE WALTON’S, COACH SIMMONDS’, COACH GEARYS’ AND COACH GILBERT’S PERSONAL GUIDANCE, SUPPORT, AND ACCOUNTABILITY TO ACHIEVE THE TRANSFORMATION IN SKILLSET AND MINDSET NECESSARY FOR COLLEGIATE ROWING SUCCESS
- 12 Weeks of Personalized Ergometer Training per Year (divided into 1 week Thanksgiving Break, 3 weeks Winter Break, 8 weeks Summer Break)
- Unlimited Text and Email Support
- 1 Consulting Phone Call per Month – For the purpose of discussing ergometer training progress, outbound/inbound communication strategy with coaches and recruiting coordinators, unofficial/official visits, NCAA Eligibility, etc.
- 1 video analysis & review per month, with technical feedback and suggested drills to promote changes.
- NOTE: Purchase of “Guidance” also includes “Membership”
- NOTE: Purchase “Guidance” also entitles you to exclusive pricing for all “Development” services
- NOTE: “Guidance” is a renewable “Annual” package (good for 365 days from the date of purchase)
- NOTE: This is an Exclusive Package, and is Limited to 15 Rowers/Coxswains Per Coach Per Year.