Olympians Luke Walton and Kerry Simmonds Present a College Rowing Recruiting Clinic for High School Rowers Focused On Ergometer Skills & Performance; Injury Prevention & Personal Development; Recruiting; Goal Setting; and Mastering the Mental Game.
The Clinic is Hosted on ZOOM.
The Cost for Both Days is $499 (member) and $599 (non-member).
Equipment: Athletes must have access to their own rowing machine, the ZOOM app (download the ZOOM app here), and access to a device with microphone and sound (headphones/earbuds are not mandatory but are preferable).
Included with the Cost of the Clinic, Athletes Will Receive:
- A Structured 1 Week Rowing Program (hosted on Google Docs) for athletes to follow and post their results. Athletes will receive coaches Walton/Simmonds’ commentary, feedback, and encouragement as they complete the weeklong program.
- The Official Rower Academy 2k racing strategy guide (pdf format)
- Ability to submit a 60 second erg video post-camp, for technical review. Upon submission, athletes will then receive a 20 min one-on-one review of their technique with either coach Walton or coach Simmonds.
Athlete Optional Add-On:
- Athletes also have the opportunity to participate in a post-clinic one-on-one follow up virtual session for the discounted price of $99 (a $195 Member/$275 Non-Member Value).
Saturday Itinerary (3 hr. session):
Introductions: Coaches and Athletes.
- The Machine – basics, drag factor, foot setting
- How to Row the Machine – the physics of the machine and how to work within them
- Olympic Drills to Improve Rowing Stroke and Efficiency
- Workout to Focus on Perpetuating Good Rowing Technique at Any Stroke Rate
Injury Prevention & Personal Development:
- The Importance of Warm Up and Warm Down
- Cross-Training / Core And Strength Training
- Injury Prevention and Dealing with Injuries
- The Importance of Sleep
- The Mental Game
- Goal Setting and Execution
Sunday Itinerary (3 hr. session):
Introductions: Coaches and Athletes Welcome Back.
- Recruiting Simplified – GPA/ACT/SAT up, Erg Score Down.
- The Recruiting Timeline – 8th Grade/Freshman Year to Fall of Senior Year.
- Communicating with Coaches – How and when to communicate with coaches.
- “So Where Do You Want to Spend the Next Four Years of Your Life?”
- 2k Racing – Introduction to the Rower Academy 2k Strategy Guide.
- Olympian Inspired Workouts to Improve 2k Speed